The Envoy Apartments Rental Acceptance Guidelines
- Applicants and lease signers must be over the age of 18. Any applicant over the age of 18 must fill out the lease application.
- The application fee is $50 for each adult over the age of 18. Married couples pay one $50 fee for the couple. Application fees are non-refundable.
- Applicants must pay a $150 holding fee when reserving an apartment. If the application is approved, the $150 is applied towards the security deposit. If the application is denied for any reason or cancelled within 72 hours of being processed, then the $150 holding fee is refunded. If the application is approved and 72 hours pass, then the $150 holding fee is non-refundable.
- All payments must be done by check, money order, or cashier’s check. No cash is accepted in any circumstances. Payments must be made to The Michelson Organization.
- Application screening includes employment and/or income verification, rental history, credit check, eviction/skip search, and a full criminal background check.
- Household verifiable gross income must be equal to or greater than three (3) times the market rental rate. If a Guarantor is required, verifiable income must be equal to or greater than five (5) times the market rental rate.
- Income verification requires the two (2) most recent pay stubs or an official offer letter of employment. If self-employed or in a commission/tips/bonus-based employment, the most current tax return and two (2) months of bank statements must be provided.
- No outstanding debt to any housing provider and/or utility provider unless proof of payment in full is provided and can be verified.
- A co-signer will not be acceptable for any applicant(s) with poor credit history or an eviction.
- Bankruptcy history is acceptable as long as the case has been dismissed and positive credit is reflected in the most recent 24 months.
- Applicants must not have any evictions recorded against them.
- No more than three (3) late payments and no more than two (2) NSF payments within a 12 month period with any previous, verifiable landlords.
- First-time renters and active military will be considered to be good history unless credit states otherwise.
- No misdemeanors involving fire arms, drugs, theft, destruction of property, and/or crimes against a person, or any crime involving a minor.
- No felonies involving, but not limited to, fire arms, drugs, theft, destruction of property, and/or crimes against a person, or any crime involving a minor.
By downloading and submitting the Rental Application below, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the points below.
After printing and completing the application, please fax the form and any other application paperwork to (314) 862-4725.